DADDY IS HOME

🤸‍♂️🤸‍♀️DADDY IS HOME🤾🤾‍♂️
Recently, I got a rare break from work because of the election that just took place. I decided to to invest the biggest chunk of it into my family because I’m a familist. I never knew I had that much to learn from my family as the demands of work had rather made me a visitor.

The first expression of the first three days was that of a shock. My daughter was really surprised to wake up and find me in bed. In her shock, I overheard her ask her mother what was wrong with daddy.🤷‍♂️

On one occasion, the conversation took place in the kitchen from where I could hear them. At another time, the mother laid beside me and it got me wondering. She(my daughter) wouldn’t ask me directly. Perhaps, we weren’t that familiar with each other.🥴

The gifts I seldom squeezed some change to get her and the brief play before bedtime, which lacked the taste and texture of father-daughter real intimacy for her age was evidently inadequate. ❌ I had to brainstorm to effect the needed change before time passed.
 
The first few days were all at home, so we all worked on her to get hugs when we wake up. We started getting good grades, I guess.👨‍👩‍👧‍👧

Later, she was the one going out to school in the morning. That was the hard part because I wished I get a hug before she left but time for morning training always denied me this.🧍‍♀️

I thought the right time would be when she returns from school and so I refused to pick her from school a few times the mother asked so I could get the hug when she arrived home.🧏‍♂️

The first three attempts were total painful fails.😩 The moment the door flings open, I’d feign screaming and throw my arms open 🕺but my baby does not know what that meant. The first time was really painful but I understood. The stuff was strange to her and so was meeting daddy at home when she returned from school.

The second time, got me some marks because, at least, she came back for the hug after dropping her school bag and pulling her school sandal. Subsequently, she came straight for the hug and some tickling before jetting off for my sister’s house.

WE WILL CONTINUE
               BUT
WHAT IS THE POINT❓
The family is breaking, gradually but surely. 💥The reasons for this are tangible and real…even fantastic at times.🤷‍♂️
But the collapse of this unit is the bane of our woes from the immediate community to the globe.🌍
It is obvious that the only times families really come together is at burials. 🙆‍♂️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOLLAR FOR MONEY

IN THE HUSTLES OF ABUJA part 2